4 Block Printing projects you can do from your kitchen table, suitable for all the family! Idea’s to inspire and encourage your creativity! Suitable for all ages, but aimed at Children & Teenagers. All projects adaptable to suit your style!
Showing you all the ways in which we have been using the ‘Beautiful Beetle’ Block Printing Set! Printing tips and advice to get the best results when using this set, pictures of what we’ve been making to inspire you!
Indian Printing Blocks- Beautiful Beetle Set £50.00
This month’s printing project is printing your own Tote Bags, they are so much fun to print for yourself, or make the perfect presents to print for friends & family! Especially since we now have to pay for plastic bags, why not print your own funky ones! I had so much fun printing samples for this Printing Project (as all our sample Tote Bags seem to have gone walk-about!) I just didn’t want to stop, I think all my friends will be getting hand printed Tote Bags this year for Christmas!
The fantastic thing about hand printing is you can personalise your creation with certain colours and designs to match who you will be giving it too, anyway you can’t really go wrong- who doesn’t love a handmade gift?
Don’t forget to use Fabric Paint so your fabulous creation is washable! Normally our calico Tote Bags are £3.50 each, but you can now purchase 4 FOR £10 as a special offer for the next month! Head to our Block Printing Blanks page to see this offer & other materials we have available!
*MAKERS TOP TIP* – When you print a bag or anything double sided always put something in between the 2 layers so the paint doesn’t go through to the other side, when we block print tote bags we always put the foam matt inside the bag! *
We haven’t put together a video or a step by step guide as there really isn’t a right or wrong way to print Tote Bags, but check out all our photos below of what types of bags we have been printing.. Hopefully you feel inspired to print your own Tote Bags!
Printed using the Large Stylish Bird and a Small Star onto our new Large Gusset Tote Bag, using a whole range of bright Fabric paint colours! The Tote Bag looked a bit dull once we had finished printing the front and back of the bag, but the addition of the stars to the gusset and the handle just brings the whole bag to life!! By sponging the body of the bird one colour, and the tail the other we were able to make this bag so funky and colourful!
(Colours used Turquoise, Lavender, Red, Kiwi Green, Grass Green, Pink, Orange, Duck Egg Blue and Mustard)
Campervan Printed Tote Bag
Small Natural Calico Block Printed Tote Bag, using the ‘Mixed Set’ of Indian Printing blocks which is available for only £30.00 for 8 designs (we couldn’t quite fit all 8 designs on one side!) We think it looks really effective using a whole mixture of designs in rows, it might look really straight but it’s all done just by eye, once you have printed your first row it’s easy just to follow on!
Elephant Printed Bag
Hand Block Printed Elephant Tote Bag
Here’s a few fabulous Tote Bag creations from various Block Printing Workshops …
The Large Walking Elephant was our first design and our most popular since we first started selling Indian Printing Blocks 3 years ago, it’s a design which just never dates, and we think our Elephant is perfect for all occasions & all ages! Many of you may have seen our Elephant colour chart at many of the shows we attend, and everyone always loves it! Take a look below to see what we have been printing with our Elephant…!
Multi Coloured Walking Elephant Cushion Cover
This funky cushion covers goes to nearly every show with us, and it always catches customer’s attention! This cushion cover has been sewn together using old bed sheets that were about to get thrown out, but we thought we would give them a new lease of life! After printing the white bed sheet it was cut down to size and several cushions were made, the back fabric we used is actually just plain green, next time I think I will print both sides!
In need of a new bag? Why not print yourself & your friends a new Elephant Tote Bag
Elephant Block Printed Tea Towels
Hand printed Wrapping Paper & Cards
Hand printed Elephant wrapping paper has always been a favorite of ours, printed onto brown packaging paper with our Aubergine Fabric Paint! We think it’s a fantastic design for all occasions, and could even be made Christmassy by adding stars in between the Elephants!
Our Large Walking Elephant is such a fantastic design, and the printing opportunities are endless! He also comes in 3 sizes Small, Medium and Large so you can have a family of Elephants to print with. Just CLICK HEREto head to the product page and see more details about the Elephant Printing Block, and you can also purchase this design for only £12.00 until the end of August! (Dont miss out as we know he will be selling fast!)
How about using Deco Maché decoupage papers to breathe new life into your much loved objects, jazz up some of your old junk or use the stunning papers to make someone a personalised gift. Deco Mache papers work in the exact same way as all our other Decopatch and Decoupage papers, they are just made in a slightly different way- but the range is huge and full of the most beautiful designs you just can’t find anywhere else, these papers can also be used on ANY surface- In a pack of Deco Mache you will receive 3 sheets, so plenty of your chosen design to create wonderful items!
Crafting with Deco Maché is fun and simple to do, here is our how-to guide
1. To get started lay out all your materials ready, ensure you use a tablecloth and have an apron on as the glue contains a varnish and will stain!
2. Cut or tear your Deco Mache papers so you dont have to do this with sticky fingers half way through your project (We like to get a little pile ready at the side of us) You want the pieces of paper to be a bit bigger than a stamp size, the bigger the piece of paper the more air bubbles you could get so bear this in mind
3. Make sure your surface is clean and dry then paint a layer of Decoupage Glue Varnish onto your item
4. Paint a layer of Decoupage Glue Varnish onto your item
5. Pick up a piece of the paper and place on top of the glue, With your brush paint another thin layer of glue over the top of the paper, flattening it down!
6. Always make sure there is glue underneath and on top of the paper, this will seal it down- Keep on repeating this, slightly overlapping the pieces of paper each time so you can not see the bare material underneath
7. When you get to the edges and corners don’t worry about these, the paper is very flexible but will not rip! Ensure there is glue both sides and place the paper down, use your brush or fingers to smooth the paper down and around any of these edges
8. Keep going until you’re totally finished and leave it somewhere safe to let it dry! The glue is also a varnish, so once dry your item should be smooth and glossy! You can always add an extra layer of a Decoupage varnish over the top, giving it that professional finish!
TIP: You can use different Deco Maché decoupage glues to create a different finish, such as matt, gloss or crackled.
On the gift box we used a mixture of 2 designs, Bright Floral for the outside and a Peach Crackle for the inside but you can use whichever designs stand out for you, You don’t even need to use a mix- the designs are so beautiful your project would look wonderful in just one design!