Complete Block Printing Kit – Chickens
Our Block Printing kit is the perfect addition to anyone’s Indian Block Printing collection, Starter kit for someone wanting to print their own Fabric & Paper or as the perfect creative gift! It contains EVERYTHING you need!
Contents of Block Printing Kit:
- A4 Foam Printing Mat (foam mat is to be used under the item you are printing to give you a soft printing surface, resulting in better prints)
- Paint Tray (to pour your paint on, can be washed with soapy water and used over & over again)
- Tea Towel (Blank Fabric to print on)
- Tote Bag (Blank Fabric to print on)
- 3 Sponges (Use sponges to apply the paint onto the printing blocks)
- 3 Fabric Paints (choose your 3 paint colours from drop down menu, fabric paint can also be used for paper & card. Paint requires heat setting on fabric with iron or hot tumble dryer- kit contains heat setting instructions)
- Indian Printing Blocks ( 3 x Chickens Size Approx: Big Spotty (5.5 x 7.5 cm) Medium Spotty (6.5 x 5.5 cm) Small Spotty (5.5 x 5.5 cm))
All our Block Printing Kits come in a plastic A4 storage box making it a fantastic complete kit and contains full instructions!
Our Indian wooden printing blocks are hand carved on a Fairtrade project in Jaipur, India and are made using a sustainable wood known as Sheesham. The designs are traced and carved onto the wood. The blocks are then left to soak in mustard oil for several days, this preserves the wood making it non-absorbent.
All of our wooden printing blocks can be used to hand print your own Fabric, Paper, Card & Clay! It’s important when printing fabric to use a fabric paint/ medium so the design is totally washable. When printing onto paper and card you can use a wide variety of paints/inks. Ink pads aren’t always wet enough to use with the printing blocks so we advise using paint. Use a square piece of sponge or a dabber to apply your paint/dye/medium and a foam printing mat (or something soft) underneath the item you are printing on this will ensure you get a good print!
Essentials Printing Kit : Check out our essentials kit that gives you everything you need to get a good print!
To clean your blocks between colours just wipe with a dry rag. When finished, be sure to wash your wooden block under the tap with warm water and scrub all the paint out of the design with a nail brush. Then dry well!