Indian Wooden Block Set – Sealife
Sizes are all approximates:
- 3 Dots Collection : – 2.5 cm , 2 cm, 1.5 cm
- Anchor : – 4.5 x 6 cm
- Beach Hut : – 5 x 7.5 cm
- Detailed Fish : – 7 x 3.5 cm
- Detailed Shell : – 3 x 3.5 cm
- Large Crab : – 6.3 x 5 cm
- Large Seaweed : – 7.5 x 7.5 cm
- Large Starfish : – 9.5 x 9.5 cm
- Medium Seaweed : – 5 x 7 cm
- Octopus : – 5.5 x 5.5 cm
- Sailing Boat : – 5 x 6 cm
- Ships Wheel : – 5 x 4 cm
- Lobster : – 3.5 x 6 cm
- Pinnate Leaf : – 3.5 x 5 cm
- Small Seaweed : – 3 x 7 cm
- Mini Shell : – 2.5 x 2.5 cm
- Small Acorn Leaf : – 2.2 x 5 cm
- Small Stripy Fish : – 4.5 x 2.5 cm
- Small Triangular Fish: 4.4 x 2.2 cm
- (Due to current situation and lack of new stock, we may have to substitute some designs but will let you know in advance)
(Set is discounted by 20%)
Our Indian wooden printing blocks are hand carved on a Fairtrade project in Jaipur, India and are made using a sustainable wood known as Sheesham. The designs are traced and carved onto the wood. The blocks are then left to soak in mustard oil for several days, this preserves the wood making it non-absorbent.
All of our wooden printing blocks can be used to hand print your own Fabric, Paper, Card & Clay! It’s important when printing fabric to use a fabric paint/ medium so the design is totally washable. When printing onto paper and card you can use a wide variety of paints/inks. Ink pads aren’t always wet enough to use with the printing blocks so we advise using paint. Use a square piece of sponge or a dabber to apply your paint/dye/medium and a foam printing mat (or something soft) underneath the item you are printing on this will ensure you get a good print!
Essentials Printing Kit : Check out our essentials kit that gives you everything you need to get a good print!
To clean your blocks between colours just wipe with a dry rag. When finished, be sure to wash your wooden block under the tap with warm water and scrub all the paint out of the design with a nail brush. Then dry well!